Thursday, October 7, 2010

Straight Girl In Gay Transit or Inspiration/Blashphemy

I wonder, sometimes, if I am somehow disrespecting God if my mind is focussed more on my latest bit of inspiration instead of on God, in such a time as I am supposed to be focussed on him.
We start every class with a bit of prayer. Today we took communion and we were supposed to be meditating on...something. Instead, my mind was buzzing with my newest idea.
“Straight Girl in Gay Transit” is an open monologue on my experiences with people who are gay or lesbian. It is a reflection in how we should, as followers of Christ be receiving those who are, like us, created in the image of God. I've often felt a specific calling to share my experiences in order to call other christians to practice the lifestyle of love that we preach. This is one part of that.
The idea orginally came to me last night, after deciding that I wanted to volunteer at Out Productions, a theatre company that strives to speak to the gay experience. Today in class I decided to also write a book at the same time covering the same themes. I want to write one scene and then write the corresponding chapter directly after. I think that over the next few days I will be taking time to reconsider my experiences and possibly asking a few people permission and direction to share my memories of our friendships.
I don't think it was blasphemous to consider this new idea during a time of prayer because I think that this is a story God wants me to tell. I still need to finish up some other works in order to apply for schools for next fall, but I believe this is my next project.
Tomorrow is the last day of the first full week. Then it is on to a Thanksgiving weekend without family. Us girls that are going to be in Montreal on the weekend are inviting the boys over for pie. Our budget doesn't have room for turkey, sadly.
However, Turkey does not make Thanksgiving. Family and friends are thanksgiving because they are worth giving thanks for. I thank God for turkey when I have it, but as for right now I thank God for what I do have.
Have a good night, friends.

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment